You have Alternatives
Every year, thousands of women in the Denver area struggle with the decisions surrounding an unexpected pregnancy. The pressure is not only internal—outside circumstances often add confusion and pressure to the situation.
- Mary’s husband left her to shoulder the situation alone.
- Jessica’s boyfriend insists she has an abortion or he will end their relationship.
- Sixteen-year-old Amy’s parents have arranged for an abortion.
- Melinda feels that she could never make an adoption plan.
- Allie’s pregnancy is placing her school plans in jeopardy.
When women are confronted with the difficult circumstances of an unplanned pregnancy, they deserve to be offered not only practical help for now, but also bright hope for the future.
Frederica Mathewes-Green, author of Real Choices, (Multnomah Books 1994), interviewed post-abortive women and surveyed nearly 200 pregnancy care centers to determine the reasons why women have abortions. She discovered that “in almost every case, a woman chooses abortion to accommodate the wishes of others who do not welcome her child.”
The finality of an abortion-decision and the pressures women experience in an unplanned pregnancy demonstrate the need for one-on-one services offered by Alternatives. Counseling has the greatest impact when a woman first discovers she is pregnant and faces her fear and confusion. It is at this time of crisis when a young girl or woman needs compassionate help from someone who really cares about both her and her baby.
Alternatives has been that place since 1982…a safe place for a woman to think through this life-changing event with someone who is not vested in her decision:
- For those who see the pregnancy as a “crisis” where the only way out is abortion.
- For those who are unsure about what to do and need counseling and information.
- For those who have decided to carry their baby to term and need resources and referrals.
- For those who have had an abortion and need post-abortion counseling.
Alternatives Pregnancy Center exists to care for Denver-area women and men in pregnancy-related crises and offer them a meaningful alternative to abortion. Following the example of Christian love, we seek to meet emotional, physical and spiritual needs, enabling and encouraging women and men to choose life every day.
Founded in 1982 as a faith-based organization, our goal is to counsel and live the gospel in front of one woman at a time and to preserve the life of one baby at a time. We offer women alternatives to abortion by providing practical care for them and their families through comprehensive education, counseling, material assistance, and referrals. In addition, Alternatives seeks to educate young people about sexual abstinence before marriage and to help women find healing and grieve for their children lost through abortion.
Alternatives Pregnancy Center maintains its Christian witness in the secular world by upholding biblical standards of conduct in its ministry. We also desire to educate and involve the Metro-Denver Christian business community and churches on the issue of abortion and its ramifications.